The Public Employment Service Office is a non-fee charging multi-employment service facility or entity established or accredited pursuant to Republic Act No. 8759 otherwise known as PESO Act of 1999.
- To carry out full employment and equality of employment opportunities for all, and for this purpose, to strengthen and expand the existing employment facilitation service machinery of the government particularly at the local levels.
- Encourage employers to submit on a regular basis a list of job vacancies in their respective establishments in order to facilitate the exchange of labor market information between job seekers and employers by providing employment information services to job seeker, both for local and overseas employment, and recruitment assistance to employers.
- Provide persons with entrepreneurship qualities access to the various livelihood and self-employment programs offered by both government and non-governmental organizations at the provincial/city/municipal/barangay levels by undertaking referrals for such programs.
- Undertake employability enhancement trainings/seminar for jobseekers as well as those would like to change career or enhance their employability.
- Provide reintegration assistance services to returning Filipino migrant workers.
Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES)
- It is an employment bridging program during summer or Christmas Vacation that aims to augment the family’s income of poor but deserving students, OSY or dependents of displaced or would-be displaced workers who intend to finish their education
DOLE Integrated Livelihood and Emergency Employment Program (DILEEP)
- Particularly seeks to contribute to poverty reduction and reduce vulnerability to risks of the poor, vulnerable, and marginalized workers, either through transitional emergency employment and promotion of entrepreneurship and community enterprises.
Livelihood Program or the KABUHAYAN Program
- This is a grant assistance for capacity-building on livelihood for the poor, vulnerable and marginalized workers. It provides a working capital solely for the purchase of equipment, tools and jigs, raw materials, among others, to be used in their livelihood undertakings.
Emergency Employment Program (EEP), or Tulong Panghanapbuhay Alay sa mga Displaced/Disadvantaged Workers or TUPAD
- A community-based (municipality/barangay) package of assistance that provides emergency employment for displaced workers, underemployed, and unemployed poor, for a minimum period of 10 days, but not to exceed a maximum of 30 days, depending on the nature of work to be performed.
- Government Internship Program
- This program provides 3-6 months internship opportunity for high school, technical-vocational or college graduates who want to pursue a career in public service in their local government unit or national agency.
- To fast track the implementation and monitoring of programs and projects related to employment facilitation and social protection, all of which directly contributes to the goal of inclusive growth through massive employment generation and substantial poverty reduction.
- K -12 Adjustment Measures Program
- This program aims to provide assistance and interventions to displaced HEI personnel, enhance their employability and competitiveness, and mitigate the adverse economic impacts of the implementation of the K to 12 program through;
- Financial Support
- Employment Facilitation
- Training and Livelihood
- Job Fair and Local/Special Recruitment Activities
- It is an employment facilitation strategy aimed to fast-track the meeting of jobseekers and employers/overseas recruitment agencies in one venue at a specific date to reduce cost, time and effort particularly on the part of the applicants.
- PESO Employment Information System (PEIS)
- This employment facilitation machinery aims to create a readily available (IT-based) database of active manpower supply containing the profiles of all persons and employers registered under the National Skills Registry Program (NSRP). It shows information on the qualifications and skills of the applicants as well as the job vacancies posted by the employers.
- Municipal Student Financial Assistance Program (MSFAP)
- A financial assistance program for qualified students enrolled in the tertiary level educational institutions within the jurisdiction of the Municipality of Bontoc.